Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 9 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 0:44

Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.
Richard Bach

In poverty and other misfortunes of life, true friends are a sure refuge. The young they keep out of mischief; to the old they are a comfort and aid in their weakness, and those in the prime of life they incite to noble deeds.
Aristotle

Make friends with the angels, who though invisible are always with you. Often invoke them, constantly praise them, and make good use of their help and assistance in all your temporal and spiritual affairs.
Saint Francis de Sales

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms.
George Eliot

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 9 -13

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 8:56

So many wise words for a Saturday morning, or any morning for that matter.

Don, you are a genius at finding and presenting them to us. Thank you, again.

o

A good start of a fine day!

o

Great start of the day.

o

Wonderful quotes and so appropriate. Thank you.

o

The George Eliot quote gave me a smile.
We had a dog, named "Super Dog". He was part of the family. He was a combination of a "friend" a "protector" a "playmate".and much more.
I think Eliot simplified the relationship between humans and furry friends.

"Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms."
George Eliot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here