Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 6 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 0:45

Now I need to take a piece of wood and make it sound like the railroad track, but I also had to make it beautiful and lovable so that a person playing it would think of it in terms of his mistress, a bartender, his wife, a good psychiatrist - whatever.
Les Paul

I have always loved to sit in ferry and railroad stations and watch the people, to walk on crowded streets, just walk along among the people, and see their faces, to be among people on street cars and trains and boats.
Ella R. Bloor

If you make music for the human needs you have within yourself, then you do it for all humans who need the same things. You enrich humanity with the profound expression of these feelings.
Billy Joel

Listening is the key to everything good in music.
Pat Metheny

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 6 -13

I like all the quotes. I looked up Les Paul and found him to be a very interesting person. Thanks for the quotes.

o
RE: quotes 3 - 6 -13

DS, 50+ has taken up the guitar, so I sent him the Les Paul quote and also the history of Les Paul. He luved it and said that he has come across the Les Paul guitars in the shops, and he is aware that the "pros" value his contributions.
The quotes are more than quotes, they are learning and sharing tools.
Thanks, Don

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here