Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 15 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 15, 13 at 0:57

Some men storm imaginary Alps all their lives, and die in the foothills cursing difficulties which do not exist.
E. W. Howe

This is a work of fiction. All the characters in it, human and otherwise, are imaginary, excepting only certain of the fairy folk, whom it might be unwise to offend by casting doubts on their existence. Or lack thereof.
Neil Gaiman

I sometimes suspect that half our difficulties are imaginary and that if we kept quiet about them they would disappear.
Robert Staughton Lynd

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 15 -13

Good quotes! Imagination is wonderful and creative, but folks can turn it against their better interests if they are inclined that way.

o

There are quit a few who immagine everything bad which could happen before they do anything.
The second quote made me smile. Reminded me of Heinlein's book "The Number of the Beast" where there are multiple alternate Universes, all based on stories.

o

Interesting quotes, they tickle my brain.
I get a kick out the second one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here