Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 28 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 28, 13 at 1:10

Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
Martin Luther

I'm not smart, but I like to observe. Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why.
William Hazlitt

One mustn't ask apple trees for oranges, France for sun, women for love, life for happiness.
Gustave Flaubert

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 28 -13

Like your apple quotes and agree with Luther.

o

I especially like this one: "One mustn't ask apple trees for oranges, "

o

I like the first one best. When I planted the crab-apple tree saplings in '85 DH asked me how long will it take for them to shade the deck properly and I said: Maybe 10 -12 years and he said: why waste your time, we will not be around that long, yet in all that time they bloomed and looked pretty even if not shady too much and he passed in '91 and I am still here and glad I planted them, even if I wasn't still here.

o

"Like"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here