Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 31 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 1:10

My mom used to say that Greek Easter was later because then you get stuff cheaper.
Amy Sedaris

Passover and Easter are the only Jewish and Christian holidays that move in sync, like the ice skating pairs we saw during the winter Olympics.
Marvin Olasky

God expects from men something more than at such times, and that it were much to be wished for the credit of their religion as well as the satisfaction of their conscience that their Easter devotions would in some measure come up to their Easter dress.
Robert South

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 31 -13

Good ones Don

o

Robert South has it right, even if nowadays anything seems to go.

o

Not so much where I live, people wear jeans everywhere, running shoes and hiking boots because of the terrain, even with skirts, there are male and female pony-tails and dreads made on hair and skin of any color

o

Both DH and I must have some Greek in us, because we celebrate Valentines Day a day late, by going to the store and getting our candy at 50% off.

o

Joan and I are going grocery shopping today and I hope that Lindt's truffles are on sale

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here