Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 8 March 2012

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 1:19

"Another cat? Perhaps. For love there is also a season; its seeds must be resown. But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another." - Irving Townsend

The cat is the only animal which accepts the comforts but rejects the bondage of domesticity." - Georges Louis Leclerc de Buffon

"If I called her she would pretend not to hear, but would come a few moments later when it could appear that she had thought of doing so first." - Arthur Weigall

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 8 March 2012

Love cats

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 7:41

I've always liked animals, but never thought of myself as a "cat person"--until, by default, we got Maggie. That bundle of orange fluff has both DH and me wrapped around her striped tail. We do her bidding--most of the time, gladly! Love your quotes, Lilo.

o

My kind of quotes. Like all animals, but I love the independence of cats, they are not pack animals.

o

The black and white cat next door has patrolled it's territory across the fences for years. One day, our other next door neighbor adopted a couple of small kitty brothers from a shelter and the war was on. Black and white kitty was on the hunt for those kitties. It even went into the house, ate their food and tried to chase the interlopers away.

The new kitties/with parents moved away, the black and white kitty is still patrolling the fences.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here