Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 20 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 1:32

It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.
Albert Einstein

I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.
Henry David Thoreau

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.
George Carlin

The only real progress lies in learning to be wrong all alone.
Albert Camus

To live alone is the fate of all great souls.
Arthur Schopenhauer

What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.
Ellen Burstyn

Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man's life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.
B. R. Ambedkar

To dare to live alone is the rarest courage; since there are many who had rather meet their bitterest enemy in the field, than their own hearts in their closet.
Charles Caleb Colton

Only the lonely know the way I feel tonight.
Roy Orbison

The longer one is alone, the easier it is to hear the song of the earth.
Robert Anton Wilson

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
Orson Welles

Remember we're all in this alone.
Lily Tomlin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 20 - 14

As one who likes solitude and needs alone time, I really like today's quotes. Thank you, Don

o

Great ones, Don. Thx a bunch!

o

Enjoyed them Don.Thanks.

o

Being also somewhat of a loner, but never lonely, I liked today's quotes very much. I love George Carlin.

o

Excellent quotes, Don.
As others have said, I enjoy my alone time, and I don't feel lonely.
I find Albert Einstein's quote interesting and I wonder why some people feel lonely and others do not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here