Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Saturday March 24, 2012

Posted by coconut-nj 6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 24, 12 at 1:36

Last but not least, my favorite quote of the week. I just love books, as I know most of you do too!
______________________________________________________________________ ___

I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Saturday March 24, 2012

• Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 24, 12 at 6:37

i had that on a tee shirt years ago that my sister got me - we are both bookworms.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 24, 12 at 11:10

So many books, so little time is my lament; I'm finding that truer than ever, b/c I cover books for our library before they're shelved and am always seeing some I want to read. I tried keeping a list, but it grew too long, too fast. If there's one or two I can't resist, I check them out before I return them.

Thanks for your quotes, Coconut. I enjoyed them.

o

My #3 son and I had a discussion about this once. We agreed that Heaven would be one big library with every book ever written in it, an easy chair with good light and all the kinds of books that we liked would float to us. All we would have to do is think what we would like.

And then, if and when we got bored, there would be a big cafeteria with every kind of ethnic food there. The son said that there would be signs in the Chinese section that said.."don't try this. It tastes just like everything else."

o

I hope it is, I still got so many books to read I know I don't have the time for.
Thanks for the good quotes.

o

So many books and so little time, and so many boooks and so little space - and I hate to thin the ones here, even if I never read it again, it's an old friend.
Such good quotes this week, thank you, Cocomut

o

We so love to have the shared thoughts of those we emulate and books are the main source of all that knowledge. Would that heaven could be more a place where the thoughts are there for the picking like an overabundant plum tree and the taste is experienced by just turning our mind in that direction. Then there could never be the problem Henry Bemis (Burgess Meredith) had in "Time Enough at Last"

Time Enough at Last UTube

Here is a link that might be useful: Synopsis for

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here