Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 3 - 3 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 1:40

I think that all of us either lose touch with the child inside us or try and hold onto it because it so precious to us and it's such an extraordinary part of our lives.
Ben Kingsley

One of the greatest things drama can do, at it's best, is to redefine the words we use every day such as love, home, family, loyalty and envy. Tragedy need not be a downer.
Ben Kingsley

That hunger of the flesh, that longing for ease, that terror of incarceration, that insistence on tribal honour being obeyed: all of that exists, and it exists everywhere.
Ben Kingsley

Dialogue should simply be a sound among other sounds, just something that comes out of the mouths of people whose eyes tell the story in visual terms.
Alfred Hitchcock

Television has done much for psychiatry by spreading information about it, as well as contributing to the need for it.
Alfred Hitchcock

These are bagpipes. I understand the inventor of the bagpipes was inspired when he saw a man carrying an indignant, asthmatic pig under his arm. Unfortunately, the man-made sound never equalled the purity of the sound achieved by the pig.
Alfred Hitchcock

Always make the audience suffer as much as possible.
Alfred Hitchcock

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 3 - 3 - 12

Good pairing here, Dan. Kingsley made me think and Hitchcock made me laugh, not a bad way to start the day.
This was, btw., the first day in a long time when the weather map did not show any warning, advisories or other dire predictions, no even over the ocean!

o

This was a great week, thanks a lot.

o

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible".
Alfred Hitchcock .
Yes, I remember "Psycho" and the shower scene.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here