Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3- 5 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 1:49

Every reign must submit to a greater reign.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

God is the only being who, in order to reign, doesn't even need to exist.
Charles Baudelaire

Would Jove appoint some flower to reign, in matchless beauty on the plain, the Rose (mankind will all agree). The Rose the queen of flowers should be.
Sappho

It is the function of science to discover the existence of a general reign of order in nature and to find the causes governing this order. And this refers in equal measure to the relations of man - social and political - and to the entire universe as a whole.
Dmitri Mendeleev

A short reign does not spare the masses.
Statius

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3- 5 - 14

Good ones, Don. Now I must e-mail a couple of the quotes to a friend and then we have a lively discussion which cannot be done here.Thanks.

o

Fine quotes about the reign of humans and Nature on a raining morning :>)

o

I sure agree with" A short reign does not spare the masses."
Statius
Being born into a kingdom, I'm against any type of "reign". So glad the US have term limits.

Lilo, you lucky duck to have rain, We have had dark clouds, but no action.
Thanks for the quotes,Don.

This post was edited by west_gardener on Wed, Mar 5, 14 at 18:46

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here