Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 3-5-11

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 2:18

Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod.
Aristophanes

Wise people, even though all laws were abolished, would still lead the same life.
Aristophanes

Love is simply the name for the desire and the pursuit of the whole.
Aristophanes 448 BC - 380 BC

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 3-5-11

I particularly like the middle one, I do my best to follow that!
Looking at the date these words were said, it amazes me that they still need to be said. Each generation has to discover these things over again.

o

So true Lilo. How many times did you share your wisdom with your kids when they were younger,hoping they would glom on to every word. Nope...they all have to find it out by themselves. Luckily for the most part they do,after a certain age.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 13:39

You are right, Marda, I think it's called: growing up

And Don, I forgot this was the last day of your quote week: they were, as usual, excellent and though provoking, thank you!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 5, 11 at 14:23

Don, you're such a hard act to follow! I'm giving fair warning: I discovered March is Women's History Month--so be prepared! If anyone who reads is of the opposite gender--please don't take it personally! LOL

(Don, your quotes were uplifting and enlightening; thank you.

o

Thanks for your quotes this week. I don't have much time lately, but I read all your quotes, if nothing else during the couple of hours I an home and some of them helped.

o

Don I read all of your quotes this week and enjoyed them as much as I enjoy these. Talk about timeless wisdom. Or should we say... wisdom is timeless. Thanks.

o

Don, came across this tonight---liked the quotes.

For some reason, the second one made me feel the way I did Saturday as I watched Fred Couples lining up for a beautiful putt. He was true; head on, even as he would have been had society been lawlessly screaming and ranting in the distance.
Oh, wait; that was just the GALLERY.....
(Yes; it's 'waaay past bedtime...:o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here