Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

quotes 3 - 23 - 14

User
10 years ago

How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.
Walter Scott

Nothing you do for children is ever wasted. They seem not to notice us, hovering, averting our eyes, and they seldom offer thanks, but what we do for them is never wasted.
Garrison Keillor

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.
Erma Bombeck

There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Few things are more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own.
Doug Larson

Kids are a great analogy. You want your kids to grow up, and you don't want your kids to grow up. You want your kids to become independent of you, but it's also a parent's worst nightmare: That they won't need you. It's like the real tragedy of parenting.
Jonathan Safran Foer

Comments (5)

• lilosophie
    10 years ago

Yes to all of them!

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

All of them but Doug Larson hit the nail on the head.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Enjoyable quotes, Don.
    I agree with Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's quote.

• gandle
    10 years ago

Loved them all, Don. Thanks!!!

• User
    10 years ago

I just found the daily quotes on the "recent posts" section over on the right.

I went back to look at the quotes from 3/23 as my dad passed away that morning. Gave me chills to see that all of the quotes were parent/child related.

I will surely be checking out these quotes daily going forward. Thank you for posting them.

Sponsored
More Discussions