Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 22 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 14 at 4:06

The ideal man bears the accidents of life with dignity and grace, making the best of circumstances.
Aristotle

I think that the ideal space must contain elements of magic, serenity, sorcery and mystery.
Luis Barragan

There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine.
Nikola Tesla

Our duty is to encourage every one in his struggle to live up to his own highest idea, and strive at the same time to make the ideal as near as possible to the Truth.
Swami Vivekananda

My ideal is to wake up in the morning and run around the meadow naked.
Daryl Hannah

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 22 - 14

Good ones. We all can strife, but all to often things get sideswiped by reality.

o

Thank you, Don, for all of the thought-provoking quotes that you seek out.

I love an unexpected turn of phrase, Anneliese. I have been sideswiped by reality several times.

o

Good ones again. I don't agree with Tesla, though, if man were a machine, there would be replaceable spare parts, not the manufactured ones we know about, but parts configured just as Nature assembled them.

o

Good quotes, Don.
Lol, at Aristotle, the ideal man, huh?
And about the tesla quote. I suspect that the makers of the new Tesla cars have read about him and his inventions and used some of them in their new cars.
Very interesting quote and again, Don, you opened my eyes to a new concept.
Thanks.

o

Thanks Don- these are great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here