Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 31 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 31, 14 at 4:31

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
Maya Angelou

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
Victor Hugo

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
Plato

If music be the food of love, play on.
William Shakespeare

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
Lao Tzu

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.
Plato

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.
Benjamin Britten

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 31 - 14

I think there could not be a better a better start of the day and week. Thanks for quotes.

o

Exactly what I have been missing in my life these days. Music doth soothe this savage beast.

o

I also need some music in my life, it makes me feel good.
Thanks for the reminder, Don

o

Great ones, Don. Music is such an integral part of almost all of our lives; I can't fathom what we'd do without it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here