Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 3 - 29 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 5:26

Feeling earthquakes was part of growing up, and also preparing for them: doing earthquake drills, or having earthquake supplies. The looming feeling was part of my life. My experience of earthquakes has always been more the fear of them, or the possibility.
Karen Thompson Walker

Mr. Speaker, from hurricanes and floods in Latin America to earthquakes in Asia, natural disasters are increasingly becoming a regular feature of life for large numbers of people around the globe.
Earl Blumenauer

Feeling earthquakes was part of growing up, and also preparing for them: doing earthquake drills, or having earthquake supplies. The looming feeling was part of my life. My experience of earthquakes has always been more the fear of them, or the possibility.
Karen Thompson Walker

It's not unexpected that shooting massive amounts of water, sand, and chemicals at high pressure into the earth to shatter shale and release natural gas might shake things up. But earthquakes aren't the worst problem with fracking.
David Suzuki

Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes.
Voltaire

Here is a link that might be useful: CAROLE KING (Live) - I Feel The Earth Move

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 3 - 29 - 14

No wonder you have earthquake quotes. Did you feel it at your house?
I felt a distant quake just once, but think I rather look out for our tornado visits. With the Madrid vault not too far away and the extensive cave system under us, it would not take much to do widespread damage.

o

Knocked a lot of stuff off the shelves and the cats are still under the bed. The center was less than a mile away and I was waiting for a buss transfer ten miles away. The street signal light moved up and down 5 feet and continued moving for 15 minutes. Luckily only one small china candle holder broke as we are on good bedrock and not on ground that will experience liquefaction. First big one for some years.

o

There has not been a big one in my area for several years, the nearest ones are at The Geysers, a thermal field exploited by the power companies, they do a sort of fracking there and the people living there are constantly lightly shook up by cluster shakes.
I hope that our Governor is sensible and does not allow fracking in this state.

o

DH felt the jolt here in the Bay Area. Glad to see that you had little damage at your house. Now , damage to the nerves is another story.
With all the other issues we have in our lives, it would be nice if the ground would quit shaking.

o

Lots of after shocks scaring the cats and annoying us, Hope none turn into another big one. Just had a 4.1.

This post was edited by don_socal on Sat, Mar 29, 14 at 18:40

o

I've been following the "fracking" issue and there seems it is a correlation between fracking and earthquakes.
See the link below, at least people are talking about it in public now.
Yea, our Gov should not allow fracking, we have enough shaking going on.

Here is a link that might be useful: states/fracking

o

Wow Don, a 4.1.is a big after shock. Hold on and keep us informed.

o

If this keeps up it is going to be a long night. Had three in the last hour in the 3 or higher range just blocks away. Not good for the nerves. There are 3 chimneys down around the corner.

Here is a link that might be useful: 1 Day, Magnitude 2.5+ Worldwide

This post was edited by don_socal on Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 3:24

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here