Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote for Sunday, March 6, 2011

Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 5:59

If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we ae determined to foment a rebellion and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice, or representation.

~~Abigail Adams, 1776 (in a letter to her husband)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote for Sunday, March 6, 2011

Took a while longer though and some people still wish that it would not have happened.

o

Tell 'em Abigail. Steve in Baltimore Md.

o

It was a long and hard struggle, let's be sure no one tries to reverse it

o

Great quote.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 13:15

It took a lot longer than Abigail wanted, I imagine! In fact, I have a quote I should have posted with that one, so here it is:

"Why should we pay taxes when we have no part in the honors, the commands, the state craft for which you contend?

~~Hortensia, Speech before the Roman Triumvirate, 42 B.C. Italy

and that's quite a few years before 1776!

In the last day or so, a new poll shows that while women are now in the majority in so many areas, they still lag behind men in terms of salary.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here