Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quotes 3/19/2011

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 6:31

I've been in shock over the destruction in Japan and I wanted to hear something from the PM and the Emperor,below are their quotes.

Prime Minister Naoto Kan told a national television address Friday that, "We will rebuild Japan from scratch. We must all share this resolve."

H.I.M. Emperor Akihito of Japan made a rare appearance on Japanese national television to share his thoughts and concerns about the aftermath of last week’s 9.0 earthquake and destructive tsunami that followed.

According to the BBC News:

TV stations interrupted programming on Wednesday to show the emperor describing the crisis facing the nation as “unprecedented in scale”.

The 77-year-old �" deeply respected by many Japanese �" said: “I hope from the bottom of my heart that the people will, hand in hand, treat each other with compassion and overcome these difficult times.”

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quotes 3/19/2011

I am sure they will make it.. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

If a country can rebuild itself, it is Japan. They have done it before and will again because their people seem to think more of each other than "me" and work together.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 20:34

It's such chaos, but chaos contains the seed for something new, I'm sure it will arise

Thank for the quotes, they all have been inspiring this week

o

Thank you, West, for your quotes and for thinking of the poor inhabitants of Japan.

It is so surreal; beyond the scope of measured calamities heaped upon a country.

o

Forces beyond our comprehension happen and we lose our anchor to the reality we know. It will take a while for the world to adjust and recover.

Thanks for the week of quotes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here