Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
west_gardener

Quotes 3/19/2011

west_gardener
13 years ago

I've been in shock over the destruction in Japan and I wanted to hear something from the PM and the Emperor,below are their quotes.

Prime Minister Naoto Kan told a national television address Friday that, "We will rebuild Japan from scratch. We must all share this resolve."

H.I.M. Emperor Akihito of Japan made a rare appearance on Japanese national television to share his thoughts and concerns about the aftermath of last weekâÂÂs 9.0 earthquake and destructive tsunami that followed.

According to the BBC News:

TV stations interrupted programming on Wednesday to show the emperor describing the crisis facing the nation as âÂÂunprecedented in scaleâÂÂ.

The 77-year-old �" deeply respected by many Japanese �" said: âÂÂI hope from the bottom of my heart that the people will, hand in hand, treat each other with compassion and overcome these difficult times.âÂÂ

Comments (5)

• oscarthecat
    13 years ago

I am sure they will make it.. Steve in Baltimore County.

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

If a country can rebuild itself, it is Japan. They have done it before and will again because their people seem to think more of each other than "me" and work together.

• lilod
    13 years ago

It's such chaos, but chaos contains the seed for something new, I'm sure it will arise

Thank for the quotes, they all have been inspiring this week

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Thank you, West, for your quotes and for thinking of the poor inhabitants of Japan.

It is so surreal; beyond the scope of measured calamities heaped upon a country.

• User
    13 years ago

Forces beyond our comprehension happen and we lose our anchor to the reality we know. It will take a while for the world to adjust and recover.

Thanks for the week of quotes.