Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oscarthecat_gw

welcome springtime

oscarthecat
11 years ago

Arose to find an inch of snow and still snowing. Do not think my groundhog will be out today. Steve in Baltimore County.

Comments (13)

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Good morning, Steve. I live about 70 miles west of you in Berkekey County, WV. We got about three inches overnight, and it's snowing here, again, too. I doubt we'll see the ground hog, today, either!

I'm supposed to go to church in 30 minutes to help count yesterday's offering. I'll give it a try, but if the roads are bad, I'm coming back home!

Stay warm andinside, if possible. Happy Spring!

• lilosophie
    11 years ago

It has been cold at night and sunny and warm in the day-time and I have spent the afternoons out gardening. I am determined to pull all the grassy weeds in the beds before the late spring rains make them 6 ft. tall and they go to seed,as it was the last two springs because of so many rainy days. Today I shall take the weed-whacker to them to cut them down in areas where nothing is sprouting yet - then there shall be a week of rain and I'll have to stay indoors and fid things to do - I'm sure I shall not get bored.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

Since midnight rain, snow, freezing rain, snow again and now strong very cold winds. It's 34 degr, but factor in the windchill and it's 19 degr. Went this morning to my chiropractor and was the only human on the road on the 2 mile stroll.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

It has been warm here the last few weeks and one of my lettuce plants is starting to bolt. The others are not far behind. So much for cool weather plantings.

• anneliese_32
    11 years ago

We are not the only ones with springtime problems. The city of Leipzig, Germany, ordered 11 700 pansies from a local nursery for their parks and city street plantings.
    They were to be planted in the first week of March. Snow and frost since has prevented the planting and the nursery needs to get rid of the plants because they have to get ready and need the space for their summer plants. Now the city is desperately looking for a frostfree hall to store the plants until they can get in the ground.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

anneliese, no matter how hard we try to control nature, stuff happens.

• ANWA_1234
    11 years ago

If it arrived to your country, can You please ask it to come faster to Poland? We are tired of the snows blocking our plants from growing :(((

Here is a link that might be useful: ANWA - firma ogrodnicza

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

Hello ANWA_, welcome to the Garden Party. If I knew how, I'd send some of our California warm temps to Poland. I'm from Norway, and I can identify about a cold spring.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Hi there, ANWA. Welcome to the Garden Party. I can't give you any gardening advice, but think your web site is nice. My only problem is that I don't know a WORD of Polish! LOL

• oscarthecat
    Original Author
    11 years ago

the snow is gone, the groundhog is out, hope it's for real this time. Hi ANWA!!!!!!

• oscarthecat
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hi mwheel, go to google, click on 2011 west virginia u marching band armed forces salute. wonder how many hours of practice that took.

• mawheel
    11 years ago

Steve, thanks for the link. How impressive the band is! Those formations are incredibile; That kind of perfection takes a lot of dedication and school spirit. I also saw some band perfectiions from Marshall University, Do you think there's anything that can't be found on the 'net, if one really wants to search? It's almost scary, IMO.

Again, thanks for the link.

Happy Easter.

• west_gardener
    11 years ago

oscarthecat, that show was awesome. Thanks for posting.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions