On feeders so far this year:

Downy
Hairy
Red-headed
Red-bellied
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker

A Pileated Woodpecker can destroy a seedcake in 10 minutes, half of it which ends up on the ground, which delights the starlings and jays.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Waiting for Ivory-billed Woodpecker

You have quite a collection of Woodpeckers in your neck of the woods!

o

The Downies are daily visitors since we moved here and the others came by here and there. The Pileated and his mate showed up once in a while for about 2 years, but the last couple of weeks I feel like I am in a woodpecker aviary. Hope they move soon, my birdfood bill is getting ridiculous.

o

The house wrens are here and they are in full nest building mode.
It won't be long before the Blue Jays will show up to stake out the nests.And so it goes, year after year.

o

Yes, the Blue Jays are here, right behind the house wrens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here