Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Prayers for Friends

Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 9:07

There is a young couple in their early 30s that we have known for several years who are now facing such a heartbreaking situation. She was diagnosed with an untreatable brain tumor earlier this month and is now in Hospice. They have 3 young children - the oldest one is just 6. There were no warning signs that would have sent her to the doctor earlier. The doctor said day before yesterday that she just has a few days. I cannot imagine what the entire family is going through right now. She is nonresponsive so there is no last days of talking between them that could help give him some peace.

I remember what I felt when I sent a young 34 year old patient to Hospice back when I was still working as an RN. She and her husband had 2 young sons ago 6 and 8. The doctors had not told her that she had waited too long for treatment. I prayed at that time that I would never have to experience that kind of situation again but it appears that is not to be the case.

Please offer prayers for this young couple and their children.

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Prayers for Friends

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 14:20

Mary, prayers for strength and faith are offered for this young couple and their children.

o

I will certainly add my prayers, also, Mary.
Could you give us her first name, please?

I lost a good friend to that insidious disease some years back.

o

Thoughts and vibes to you and your friends.

o

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 7:53

Kathyjane, her name is Megan.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Mary

o

Mary, your friend has our prayers.

o

They will be in my prayers.

o

Let me add my prayers for Megan and her family.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here