Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Happy birthday Robin

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 9:51

A bit late but things have been out of kilter around here. Check Lilo's thread for us three 3 3/3/3s too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Happy birthday Robin

Thank you for your kind note and pointing me to the lilo thread. I totally missed it. Oops!

I am glad you enjoyed your day. Mine was relatively crummy, but the subsequent days have been better. I have lunch coming up in a couple of hours in celebration of my birthday and my friend whose birthday was yesterday. We'll get into trouble then.

o

>I have lunch coming up<
Sorry you have been sick, Robin, but your statement gave me the giggles in that connection - sorry (smiling)
Have a lovely lunch with your friend

o

heh!

You are correct, poorly worded (approaching would've been better). We had a phenomenal time. Very enjoyable. Not regurgitated. Lilo, you are a jewel.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 17:53

Robin, hope you are feeling better by now. I, too, had to chuckle at Lilo's interpretation of your words. Don't think I would have caught it, otherwise.

I imagine most languages have puns, double meanings for words, etc., but since English is the only one I know, I love it for its twists, turns, and sometimes crazy rules. But it must be awful for someone trying to learn it as a second language.

o

All I know is, Americans are crazy people! I don't doubt we're "foreign" in many ways. The more I meet people from around the world, the more I see how much more sensible they are than we. They're probably thinking, Bless their Hearts--all the time. Kinda like we're kids. Can't blame them!

Yes, much better today. Finally! Thank you for saying so.

o

I've met people from many countries around the world and my favorites are Americans.
Yes, many cultures may have better "public"," business" or social behavior, but it is learned behavior. And yes, americans can learn it. But when it comes to the heart, americans are the best, IMHO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here