o
Just getting ready to leave so

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 31, 13 at 10:21

HAPPY EASTER.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just getting ready to leave so

Happy Easter! George and Leone, may your trip be safe and the weather friendly.

o

Happy Easter to all.

o

Happy Easter everyone!

George and Leone - enjoy your trip and be ready to tell us all about it when you get back. Travel safely.

o

I hope you have (had?) a good trip!

o

You know, when you are 86 and want to get down on the floor and play ridiculous games with your great grandchildren, nobody even thinks it is odd. Guess they think you are in your second childhood. Anyway, the 5 and 7 year old acted at first like they were too old to do such stupid things but the 21/2, the 2 year old and even the 14 month understood perfectly that you can act just as dumb as you want and just have a wonderful time laughinhg and giggling. I confess I almost hated to stop for dinner, no, thats not true. Dinner was wonderful, the lamb was perfect and so was everything else except for the green bean caserole the oldest grand daughter always brings to these feasts. No one but her ever eats it and she can't understand why. I was resting and talking after dinner when the 2 1/2 year old asked Leone, "can grandpa come play now". I had to confess that I wasn't quite ready but play did resume later. I'm exhausted.

We hadn't been up to the farm in 2 years and I truly enjoyed going through the hills to get there.

A wonderful time with family an I'm already looking forward to labor day weekend when the clan always gathers at our house.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 1, 13 at 18:41

Glad you and Leone had a lovely time with your family--esp. the greatgrand kids.

I'm impressed that you can get down on the floor, then back up, again. At 80, I can still do both, but it's with some difficulty and some help, too, if it's available!

o

A confession. Had to have son help me up.

o

Glad you had a good time with the family and a good meal for the holidays. A helping hand is always welcome.

o

Sounds like you had a grand time! How wonderful. Brought misty tears of joy. I can hear the love and see your face surrounded by the little ones. Completely awesome!

o

You are the best Grandfather ever!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here