Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 3 - 13 - 12

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 11:30

But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Khalil Gibran

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
Khalil Gibran

Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
Khalil Gibran

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 3 - 13 - 12

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 13, 12 at 17:59

These quotes are so insightful and meaningful; many years ago, when my kids were testing their wings, I put the 3rd quote on my closet door, hoping it would sink into my subconscious mind. Now, many additional years have passed, but I still haven't really learned to let go. I know they don't belong to me, but they are part of me and always will be.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here