Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Now, I have heard everything!

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 17, 11 at 12:06

Today is the Big St Patrick's Day Parade.....and Party!
If you want to drink and stagger around with about 300,000 other people, this was the place to be.

The parade was on TV with the usual ads.....all except one. Someone was offering a free App (whatever that is) for your whatever you may have.

It was for a free.....

Are you ready for this?...

Bathroom locator.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Now, I have heard everything!

When you are on diuretics that may be important. I just don't do apps except on iGoogle and FF.

o

Don, Explain to me...exactly what is an app? I hate to know that modern things have passed me by.

o

aggie,that word is just short for application. You download it,then an icon appears on whatever it is you have..IPhone,IPad or whatever. You just click on it and then a site pops up. Some of them I can't figure out. For instance,on my IPad,if I wanted to,I could have downloaded and "app" for the New York Times" but why would I go to the trouble? All I did was go to the Times sight and put my own icon on the screen. Some of that "app" stuff is silly..some of it isn't. If I were in a crowd and needed a bathroom pronto..how neat to haul out an IPhone ( which I don't have) and find one in a mini second. How are you doing?

o

And all of it in and on that teensy, tiny little pocket size thingie.

Waaayy back yonder, my mother's office (Federal Government) got real fancy and got their first computer. It took up a whole room and all it did was take over for an old out-dated bookkeeping machine. It did roll out the figures and reports faster, but that was about all. I think it was harder to find mistakes too.

o

They have a app for everything now, this morning on the radio they were talking about the latest app. the confession app for Catholics. Not exactly sure how it works, it was issued by the Church at 2$ a download.

o

I read about that: it's a guide to confession: not an actual electronic confessional.

o

I'd go for a free app for a bathroom guide. But my issue about free apps is that at some point things change and the app needs to be updated. That may involve signing up for membership and charges for the updates.
It's like if you sign up for or have a (gps) global positioning system in your car.It is a satellite-based navigation system but it needs upgrading continually.
Lol, so who is keeping tabs on the bathroom situation?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here