Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it a trend???

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 12:40

No one likes a visit to the doctor's office. But I get a little kick out of seeing magazines that I wouldn't see otherwise.

This time....People's Magazine...last month's issue. There were a lot of flat or almost flat bosoms. One bikini babe could have used a band aid bra. I don't think that even her nipples would have bulged. The movie and TV females showed a minimum of boob.

So, is this a trend or am I behind times? Are we getting away from the idea that in this area, Bigger is Better??

Oh, I hope so!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it a trend???

I was hoping they were reflecting less focus on how only one type of body is deisrable? Maybe? I haven't seen these flat chested models, but I'd be more inclined to look at them than fake ones--like Pamela Anderson's. I'm sure whatever you have is great!

Here is a link that might be useful: current talk about the trend for younger

o

Yes, flat seems to be in. Let's face it, designers have it easier this way. Take a flat piece of fabric, decorate it any which way, a couple of seams and you don't have to have a lot of talent to fit it for somebody, no fitting for a bustline or hips on those skinny models and as far as we others go, the designers for the mass market just try to get something out which kinda looks like 'in'.

o

A flat boobie trend. It could be and anneliese_, you're right about it is easier and takes less material to make a garment for a flat chest than a full figure.
In these economic times, fewer people have the money to get breast implants, so the fashion industry may cut costs where ever they can.
rob333, I also worry about the young girls.
Talking about boobies, fashion and utility. This is a rant.
I ride a bicycle and I when I look for up to date bicycle outfits for women, I find that the jackets made for women are about a size 1 and have no boobie room. I'm not a size 1, so I buy a man's medium jacket, that fits my size, but that does not have any boobie room. Sigh............

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here