Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mawheel

Did You Know . . .

mawheel
10 years ago

That today is "Pi Day"? I didn't till I went to Bing to see today's picture. It was beautiful; then, I clicked on a link for more information about it and learned today, 3-14, is "Pi" day. One thing led to another-- and now we've got to have "pie" for dessert! Oh well, whatever ends in dessert is O.K. with me! Lol

Comments (17)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

Honestly... yes. I work with geeks. My son is a geek. We all made pies for pi day. Geeks are us! What kind of pie did you make? C made key lime pies. Mine is chocolate of course.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Yes, I know it is pi day and I follow your logic perfectly. I'm making cookies, they are round, right. Lol

• mawheel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Math was--and still isn't--my forte', so you ladies are w-a-y-y-y ahead of me! I can still add, subtract, multiply, and divide, but any kind of higher math is above my head! And Robb, I'm not ambitious enough to make a pie, myself, but Edward's makes a 'to die for' Turtle pie and that's what we're having. WG, cookies fit into any equation, so it's all good.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    10 years ago

so what's in a to die for turtle pie (I'm betting I'd love it!). I settle for any ol' pie. Store bought, at a restaurant, I've made it, my mom's made it, I'd even love it if my ex made it. He makes a great apple pie.

So what is the surface area of your cookie west, cause that's the only way you can claim a cookie on pi day. Just KIDDING!

• eaga
    10 years ago

Hi! I haven't posted here before but I saw this on the recent posts list and couldn't resist - hope you don't mind. Does anyone know why next year we will have Extra Pi Day? (my supergeek DH pointed this out to me).

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Rob, the surface areas of my cookies are 3.14159 yummy bites.

• mawheel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cercis 141, welcome to the Garden Party! Maybe Robb and/or West Gardner will know why we will have an "Extra Pi Day", next year --but I sure don't! So, please tell us, and visit, again.

Robb, 'Edwards' Turtle Pie is part of their frozen dessert line and is officially called "Turtle Crème Pie". Here's the description from their web site, (I knew I wouldn't do it justice): "Take this one slow and savor the decadence of chocolate and caramel lovingly layered together. With a cookie crumb crust and a sprinkle of pecans and chocolate chunks, it's a true treat."

It doesn't even take a big piece to satisfy me; I like to eat mine frozen and find if I use a fork and 'spear' the pieces, they'll break apart and are easy to eat. Heck, even if the piece is hard to break apart, it's worth it! If you buy one, I know you'll enjoy it!

Happy Pi/Pie Day!

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

"In the year 2015, Pi Day will have special significance on 3/14/15 at 9:26:53 a.m. and p.m., with the date and time representing the first 10 digits of ÃÂ.[10]"
    Copied from the net.
    I also read that there was a scientist in SF that started the celebration of pi day by bringing in some pies to work.
    I kind of like the idea of celebrating pi day. Math is important and if we can bring it down to food, we have a winner.
    A fun thread, thanks, mwheel,

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

There seems to be all kinds of ways to celebrate pi day. A lady knitted a pi symbol into a blanket.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:146857}}

• eaga
    10 years ago

Thank you mwheel and thank you too west_gardener for those extra pi digits for the time of day. My DH did not think of that so I was able to out-nerd him. Happy Pi Day everyone!

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Another way to celebrate pi, with music.

Here is a link that might be useful: pi set to music

• anneliese_32
    10 years ago

I knew that it is Pi day but no pie for me. Does a round wine glass count?
    Hello ceris, welcome to the party.

• eaga
    10 years ago

Hi anneliese. It counts double if you get pie eyed :).

• mawheel
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL! Good one, Cercis.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

Lol, how to have fun with math.

• west_gardener
    10 years ago

I'm no math whiz in any sense of the word. But as far as I can tell, the pi has never reached it's finite numbers. So we are free to test the pi theory to it['s max.

• eaga
    10 years ago

Good idea. I volunteer to test the cookie theorem.

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus
More Discussions