o
DST starts tomorrow

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 13:09

I ":spring forward" dragging my feet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DST starts tomorrow

Being an early riser, I dislike DST. Just when you think you can watch the sun rise during your morning walk, it gets dark again.

o

Anneliese; exactly!

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 18:05

Right now, 6:00 EST, I'm going to set our clocks ahead to 7:00 p.m., EDT. It's silly, mayb, to do it so early, but I prefer to get it out of the way, then can be sure I won't be late for early church tomorrow morning. The only thing that won't change is the computer. It does its own thing on its own time schedule!

We had such a beautiful day, here, today: high temp of 61 degrees with lots of blue sky and brilliant sunshine. More is supposed to be coming, tomorrow. I still have only that one little crocus in bloom, but the rest, along with daffodills, are coming. With the warmer temps in the next few days, they may pop, quickly.

o

I'm also an early riser and I'll miss the first light when I can go out in the garden and look at my newly planted plants to see how they are doing.
Another thing, and I have posted this before in this forum, so the same old gripe. I have to take the trash cans out before 6am, and I finally have some light, so I don't have to turn on the flood lights, bring a flash light and wave my arms at the security lights so they will go on. Just to take out the trash, sigh.
So who invented the DST anyway, and who likes it, and who benefits from it?

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 18:11

West Gardener, we put our trash out the night before. Sometimes the trash men are here around 5:30 a.m., and if one's trash is not out, they'll have two weeks' worth of it, the next time around.

It doesn't really matter to me, if there is DST or not, but I don't have to get up and go to work in the dark, either. What I think is not good are the school kids who have to wait on school buses in the dark. Not smart or safe, IMO.

As to who invented it, I'm sure it was Congress, and prob. started during WW2 when the extra hours of daylight made for longer working times. If my facts are incorrect, I apologize, ahead of time. :>)

o

DH puts the recycling and compost bins out the night before pick-up. He would take the trash can out at the same time,but I choose to put it out at the last minute, I just whine when DST comes around.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here