Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Everybody be safe!

rob333 (zone 7b)
12 years ago

The weather here is predicted to be so awful, they've closed many county schools (not Davidson, where I live, but everyone around us!). My mom's left early for the day. The District Science Fair that we were going to tomorrow is canceled until next week. It's gonna be a big one. Reminds me of the last Super Tuesday we had. Getting ready to leave early myself to go get the boy. Which I never do. Christie says her cat is freaking out already. Keep a watchful eye to the sky! My thoughts and prayers are with all y'all!

Comments (19)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Don't know if this was from today or just posted today, but the tornadoes earlier in the week were at night, so it's likely today.

Here is a link that might be useful: WKRN picture in Algood, TN

• endorphinjunkie
    12 years ago

Huntsville was hit again this morning. Not as bad as last year but it hit the same area as last April's tornado. Won't know to what extent the damage is until later today. Getting ready for round two that is scheduled for this evening.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Cantore from the Weather Channel just showed up in Louisville, I think I move some stuff and a chair for my husband in the closet under the stairs,it is backed by a massive concrete stoop. Already took down the birdfeeders, since the wind pushed them sidewise and spilled the seeds on the ground.

• endorphinjunkie
    12 years ago

Cantore, in some circles, is known as the Angel of Death. Nice fellow, but not someone you want to see when bad weather is about.

• mawheel
    12 years ago

Fingers crossed and prayers said for the safety of everybody who may be in these "paths of destruction". Stay safe and err on the side of caution.

• endorphinjunkie
    12 years ago

Well, I now can say I have heard the roar of a tornado. Couldn't see it, so it must not have been near the ground. News and weather people are having a field day.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Lucked out here but across the river it is aweful. Cantore was close to the misery in Indiana.
    Just got my first tick bite of the year. Just what I needed.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Michael, you are the one I was thinking about, a few minutes ago. I too felt it licking my heels! We were enroute to the house, when I realized we were going to make it. I parked in the concrete garage and took my LF inside the hospital where I work. Rain and lightning were right on top of us. I went up and "forced" my coworkers into the basement along with us. We were on orange alert, sirens blaring all the way.

Once the lull hit and we headed out, there were STILL melting golf ball sized hail for the entire three mile drive home. And debris all over the roads. Awful!!!! I thought it was weeds in people's yards it was that numerous.

• User
    12 years ago

Glad the one that have checked in are ok and hope to hear from others in the area. Too many close calls.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Robb, I was thinking of you when I heard about the straight winds and hail in Nashville and over the univerity and hoped you were safe.
    Michael, that sound is hard to describe, one of the April 3, 1974 tornados missed us by about 200 yards, glad that I did not hear it yesterday.
    I just hope that nobody is in the way of anything bad today.

• pamven
    12 years ago

2 towns in southern Indiana wiped off the map....

• gmatx zone 6
    12 years ago

Yes, everyone please take safety precautions during this spring outbreak of dangerous weather. We have a storm cellar here at home, but I worry about DH in this bad weather as he is living in our 5th wheel while working on a project north of Meridian, MS.

For several years back in the 70s and 80s we could stand on our patio and watch tornadoes cross the section west of us. Even that far away you could hear that horrible sound one makes, and you never forget it.

I pray for those who are living in the areas so hard hit. Again, everyone take care.

• Janis_G
    12 years ago

Everything went North and south of us.
    We were lucky.
    Rob and Michael I thought about y'all yesterday
    and last night.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

And you Janis. When i got up on Saturday, you were on my mind. It was really looking ugly then. Glad everyone is ok.

By the way I was NOT going to make it home. Quite different.
    ;)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You gotta see this! London, KY tornado funnelcloud filled from top to bottom with lightning.

Here is a link that might be useful: tornado with lightning

• mawheel
    12 years ago

What a picture!! That would have scared me speechless! (And that's very hard to do.)

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Can you imagine how close they would've been? Sheesh. No thanks!

• west_gardener
    12 years ago

Wow, that is an awesome photo. I'm so glad you posted it rob, and I'm glad someone else was there and dared to take the pic.

• anneliese_32
    12 years ago

Just came back from that area, helping deliver clothing, blankets and tarps for a local organisation. It's horrible, the damage I mean. What everybody sees is the towns, but not the single farms and nobody shows dead lifestock laying in fields.

I am not easily scared, but that picture gave me goosebumps. It reminded me more of "christmas trees" during a bombing strike in WWII than anything else. If anybody would make a end of the world picture, that could be in it.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions