Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Music

User
13 years ago

Hope you like this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo - Ain't no Bread in the Breadbox

Comments (16)

• anneliese_32
    13 years ago

Thanks , Don. That was fun. Of course it led to Jerry Garcia, a forward to my son and the memory of Easter Sunday in 75 when he and his Boy Scout Indian Dance Team went to a pow-wow, got rained out and his only clean shirt was a green The Greatful Dead t-shirt with which he went to a church service and could not quite get why people stared at him. He was 12 years old and I laughed myself into hick-ups when he told me.

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Great video and music. But as far as the message, here I go again. Instead of sitting on the porch making music about no bread in the breadbox. How's about getting out making some bread to put some bread in the breadbox.

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Good one, Don----led to Bonnie and John Lee Hooker, on to JL Hooker and Santana and out of hunger, I quit---
    'ain't no bread, but they's some soup!

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

G'night.

• mawheel
    13 years ago

It's hard to sit still while listening to that music! Thanks for the link.

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"Dolapdere Big Gang" Turkish Group with Phil Collins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another day in paradise

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Thanks Don, that's a great video. I like Phil Collins and dchasse12 who uploaded the video did a super job in combining the music and the visuals.

I bought a piece of music from itunes some time ago with the idea of making a video combining the music and visuals into a video. It will take me a loooooooong time to get the visuals together. But the music is a beginning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wade in the water

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

OK, so what were you doing the first time you ever heard Phil Collins?

---I was, er, falling for a reeeeal smoothie.
    We were tearing along the Blue Rudge Parkway in his little restored BWW 2002...
    (my kids and I always made fun of guys in Beemers back in those days-----for good reason, usually....(I never let on to the guy, of course)

Anyhow, it was a fun ride and the music blocked out EVERYTHING except the trees in the headlights as we swung from curve to curve through the mountains.

Man----we were all so YOUNG then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Bro.
    Good memories with so many songs, so many colored patches of life held up in a kaleidoscope of changing colors as the years flash by, flash by.
    Who needs drugs when you have MUSIC?
    It's brought me closer to Heaven then anything else.

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

make that BMW---not BWW---been sick since last Wedns.----yes---I'm on drugs for THAT!!
    GUFFFAWWW!

• petaloid
    13 years ago

Hubby and I just watched Ain't No Bread In The Breadbox and we were blown away.

Then when I researched, we were so sad to read that Norton Buffalo had already passed away.

Thanks so much for sharing, and we will watch and give feedback on the other tunes too.

• rob333 (zone 7b)
    13 years ago

Finally, I could sit and listen to it. Loved it! My toes sure were tapping. Gonna have to look at the other links too!

Here is a link that might be useful: toe tapping-Extreme 'Hole Hearted'

• User
    Original Author
    13 years ago

West, who is the singer in that clip you posted? I like that version a lot.

Petaloid, yes it is sad that we have lost such a wonderful talent. He was considered one of the best harmonica players ever.

Rob, have not heard of them but like the song you posted.

KJ. the first time I heard Phil was "More Fool Me" with Genesis. I think I was in my car where most of the listening was done in those days.

This song is one of the best examples of Norton playing plus singing. It is 8 minutes long but those minutes go fast when the music is this good. This song has a train type sound to it like many harp songs do.

Norton Buffalo - High Tide in Wingo

• west_gardener
    13 years ago

Don, the singer is Eva Marie Cassidy. I like that version also.

• kathyjane
    13 years ago

Don----this is just so wonderful; thank you so much for inviting us along!
    Ran into Michael Franks----he makes me want to be YOUNG again! went from walking on the beach to watching it snow.
    His music really got inside....

What a gift of sharing you have, Don!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions