Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Music

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 13:47

Hope you like this one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Roy Rogers & Norton Buffalo - Ain't no Bread in the Breadbox

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Music

Thanks , Don. That was fun. Of course it led to Jerry Garcia, a forward to my son and the memory of Easter Sunday in 75 when he and his Boy Scout Indian Dance Team went to a pow-wow, got rained out and his only clean shirt was a green The Greatful Dead t-shirt with which he went to a church service and could not quite get why people stared at him. He was 12 years old and I laughed myself into hick-ups when he told me.

o

Great video and music. But as far as the message, here I go again. Instead of sitting on the porch making music about no bread in the breadbox. How's about getting out making some bread to put some bread in the breadbox.

o

Good one, Don----led to Bonnie and John Lee Hooker, on to JL Hooker and Santana and out of hunger, I quit---
'ain't no bread, but they's some soup!

o

G'night.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Mon, Mar 21, 11 at 13:41

It's hard to sit still while listening to that music! Thanks for the link.

o

"Dolapdere Big Gang" Turkish Group with Phil Collins.

Here is a link that might be useful: Another day in paradise

o

Thanks Don, that's a great video. I like Phil Collins and dchasse12 who uploaded the video did a super job in combining the music and the visuals.

I bought a piece of music from itunes some time ago with the idea of making a video combining the music and visuals into a video. It will take me a loooooooong time to get the visuals together. But the music is a beginning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wade in the water

o

OK, so what were you doing the first time you ever heard Phil Collins?

---I was, er, falling for a reeeeal smoothie.
We were tearing along the Blue Rudge Parkway in his little restored BWW 2002...
(my kids and I always made fun of guys in Beemers back in those days-----for good reason, usually....(I never let on to the guy, of course)

Anyhow, it was a fun ride and the music blocked out EVERYTHING except the trees in the headlights as we swung from curve to curve through the mountains.

Man----we were all so YOUNG then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Bro.
Good memories with so many songs, so many colored patches of life held up in a kaleidoscope of changing colors as the years flash by, flash by.
Who needs drugs when you have MUSIC?
It's brought me closer to Heaven then anything else.

o
RE: Music & BMW

make that BMW---not BWW---been sick since last Wedns.----yes---I'm on drugs for THAT!!
GUFFFAWWW!

o

o

Hubby and I just watched Ain't No Bread In The Breadbox and we were blown away.

Then when I researched, we were so sad to read that Norton Buffalo had already passed away.

Thanks so much for sharing, and we will watch and give feedback on the other tunes too.

o

Finally, I could sit and listen to it. Loved it! My toes sure were tapping. Gonna have to look at the other links too!

Here is a link that might be useful: toe tapping-Extreme 'Hole Hearted'

o

West, who is the singer in that clip you posted? I like that version a lot.

Petaloid, yes it is sad that we have lost such a wonderful talent. He was considered one of the best harmonica players ever.

Rob, have not heard of them but like the song you posted.

KJ. the first time I heard Phil was "More Fool Me" with Genesis. I think I was in my car where most of the listening was done in those days.

This song is one of the best examples of Norton playing plus singing. It is 8 minutes long but those minutes go fast when the music is this good. This song has a train type sound to it like many harp songs do.

Norton Buffalo - High Tide in Wingo

o

o

Don, the singer is Eva Marie Cassidy. I like that version also.

o

Don----this is just so wonderful; thank you so much for inviting us along!
Ran into Michael Franks----he makes me want to be YOUNG again! went from walking on the beach to watching it snow.
His music really got inside....

What a gift of sharing you have, Don!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here