Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overnight Spring

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 15:42

The all night and all day rain stayed west of here, but the temps went up, right now it is 69 degr. This morning the crocusses, all colors, opened, by noon about 3/4 of the daffodils followed.
What puzzles me, is the time sequence to open and their sizes. Normally their opening time is spread over about 4 weeks and not almost all together. But they are about half their size, the dwarfs are about 3 inches and the King Alfreds, which are normally the tallest, are only about 6". I fertilized them as usual, in spring and again in fall. Weird.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overnight Spring

Interesting how they came out at the same time. Nature works in mysterious ways.

I planted some Sweet Pea, Early Multiflora Blend seeds, 10 days ago. Three in each hole, 6" apart. The packet says they will emerge in 10-21 days. Three emerged today, the 10th day. The question is, what made these 3 seeds emerge on the 10th day? What about the other seeds, why are they laggards? Lol, It's a mystery to me.

o

We had a snowstorm a couple of days ago. Today it was in the 60s. Go figure.

o

As of today, there are fifteen seeds pushing up, some in groups of three, and some loners. One lonely seed is trying to hang on to the side of a huge hole that "somebody" dug in the garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here