Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thats a first

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 25, 12 at 15:54

Leone just came in with 14 about 6" long spears of asparagus. Usually don't get any until mid to late April. I hadn't even been looking, she just happened to spot them.

Looks like creamed asparagus on toast for dinner. Wasn't expecting that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thats a first

Shucks, I am too far away. Haven't had real fresh asparagus in ages. Bon appetit!

o

I learn from your posts that you have unending asparagus, raspberries and spinach. Yum!

o

Well, I HAD asparagus coming up, went out to check if it was ready to pick and find it missing. I am also seeing a lot of groundhog activity. Good grief.

o

Believe I would be looking for recipes for creamed groundhog on toast.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 17:57

Oh, George -- YUCK!! :>)

o

I have eaten groundhog, so not so yucky as you think. It was bar-b-que.

o

When you think of it, what does a groundhog eat - veggies and greens, along the same line as cattle, rabbits and deer and they like acorns.

o

"creamed groundhog on toast" with a hint of fresh asparagus.

o

Unsure what wine with that entree.

o

If I did not know what I was eating, a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. However, if I knew what it was, a gallon jug of Gallo would do the trick.

o

Forget the wine. For foods like this I strongly recommend some good HARD apple cider. It cuts fat and cleanses the palate like draino. LOL.

o

calliope, I'll give it a try, but Classic Coke is my favorite "bubble" machine and "draino".

o

Is two buck chuck still around?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here