Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tornadoes

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 8, 12 at 16:13

Does any place else in the world have anything like our tornadoes?

If so, what do they call them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tornadoes

Tornadoes (the devil made me do it)

o

oh, hahaHA!

But really, surely we aren't the only place in the world that has the darn things. But I don't think I have ever read about such destruction anywhere else except for hurricanes.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 9, 12 at 7:45

Good one, Steve.

I think hurricanes are called typhoons in the Pacific, but perhaps a tornado is a tornado is a tornado. :>) (Not anything to smile about, though.)

o

In German it's Wirbelstuerme, used to occur now and then along the North-atlantic coast, but in the last couple of years also in the interior. Up to now the have not been as devastating as they are here, but with the crazy weather we have had lately, you never know what happens in the future.

o

Tornadoes are rarely experienced in any other locations but the US and Canada.

o

I shouldn't have mentioned it....the newspaper says they had a very rare tornado in Hawaii yesterday.

It's all my fault.

o

agnespuffin, it seems to me that whenever I wash my car, it will rain.

o

Agnes, didn't know you were so powerful. ;^)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here