Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I just had to tell this one!

Posted by agnespuffin (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 18:00

From this month's American Legion Magizine.

A football coach was trying to help some of his less talented palyers develop their skills.

"Now listen," he said to one of them. "What would you do if it was a fourth down, with three seconds to play?"

After thinking for a minute, the player replied, "Slide over to the end of the bench so I could see better?"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I just had to tell this one!

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 28, 12 at 18:02

This made me chuckle, Agnes and I'm glad for that, b/c I've got a headache which just won't quit.

o

Hail Mary.

o

I too had to laugh when I read it in the mag but was too lazy to forward to here.

o

For those of us who watch football, three seconds in the fourth drives us nuts. Depeding on the score or the position on the field,
A first down, out of bounds cath, time out, get the kicking team on the field etc....
It's not a mystery if someone took the time to teach that young man about football.

o

anneliese_"I too had to laugh when I read it in the mag but was too lazy to forward to here".
I'm curios why you were to lazy to post it here?

o

anneliese....that's ok, I sure understand how lazy works. I almost didn't get around to posting it either but I thought some of us would like a little laugh.

o

anneliese,lol, I was hoping you were sitting in a favorite chair under a soft blanket, drinking a cup of tea.

o

At that time going to post involved getting a cat off my lap, going downstairs, turning on the light, reaving up the computer and post, and later on of course I forgot.
I always have that neat excuse of "old age"!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here