Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For any of you who remember....

Posted by lindac Iowa Z 5/4 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 18:02

the "olden days"....with Ruthann, and Suzanne and letters to Todd and dicken and Auntie Etc etc etc.
Sad news...Ruthann's mom died about a week ago of breast cancer.
Those who went to any of the Chicago Get Together's will remember what a great person she was. Her name was Jean Chulp.
Sorry....just passing on bad news....as you were...
Linda C

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For any of you who remember....

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 21:03

Aw im sad to here that. I spent the afternoon riding the little train with her and Roberts mom...while all of you walked the gardens in the horrid heat.

o

I do remember - miss Ruthann the WORST - can remember one of the inaugurations occurred when she and her whole family were down with the flu. She made a believable claim for which set of house shoes and robe she would wear to the ball. Some people just have a way with words.

Miss Suzanne too. Wonder what ever happened with Todd.

The last I remember of Suzanne, she had her place in Arkansas, and a sooper dooper black car she drove um...er... rapidly.

Sorry to hear that Ruthann's mom has passed.

s

o

Jean was one of a kind and meeting her was a pure pleasure. The apple didn't fall far from the tree in that family.

o

I always looked forward to Ruthanne's postings. I'm sorry to hear she has lost her mom.

o

I'll pass this on to Robert, who will be sad to hear the news.
His mother, whom some of you will remember fondly, passed away late last year.

Dorie

o

That makes me sad that Ruthann has lost her great Mother. RIP Jean. Healing thoughts to Ruthann and the family.

o

Thanks for passing on the news, Linda: I never made it to a get together, but I loved reading Ruthanne's stories about her family, and her mother sounded such a lovely lady.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here