Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Really outnumbered

gandle
10 years ago

Just had Leone, DIL, DIL's mother, Gdaughter, G daughter IL, 3 great g daughters from 6 mos to 4. They were here for about 4 hours. A little outnumbered by gender but who cares. Held the baby until she needed feeding. got to play with the 2 and 4 year olds. We had a lot of games I confess I had no idea what we were doing but it was hilarious. Had to have g daughter help me get up from the floor but would have played with them all day if they had stayed.

And, hard to believe. One of the twin granddaughters is running for county commisioner in Seward county NE. Seems like just a few weeks ago I was going to her school plays and basketball games. She and her husband have taken in 3 foster kids from a dysfunctional family in Omaha. Mother in prison, father a druggie. Now they are thinking of trying to get the court to let them adopt them. Mother burned one of the boys with cigarettes on his neck and hands. Haven't seen the kids yet in person but DIL tells us they are surprisingly easy to care for. I guess grateful for some stability. 2 boys 2 and 7, girl 4. I pray that it works out for these kids and the family.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions