Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Really outnumbered

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 18:05

Just had Leone, DIL, DIL's mother, Gdaughter, G daughter IL, 3 great g daughters from 6 mos to 4. They were here for about 4 hours. A little outnumbered by gender but who cares. Held the baby until she needed feeding. got to play with the 2 and 4 year olds. We had a lot of games I confess I had no idea what we were doing but it was hilarious. Had to have g daughter help me get up from the floor but would have played with them all day if they had stayed.

And, hard to believe. One of the twin granddaughters is running for county commisioner in Seward county NE. Seems like just a few weeks ago I was going to her school plays and basketball games. She and her husband have taken in 3 foster kids from a dysfunctional family in Omaha. Mother in prison, father a druggie. Now they are thinking of trying to get the court to let them adopt them. Mother burned one of the boys with cigarettes on his neck and hands. Haven't seen the kids yet in person but DIL tells us they are surprisingly easy to care for. I guess grateful for some stability. 2 boys 2 and 7, girl 4. I pray that it works out for these kids and the family.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Really outnumbered

I agree, it is so much fun playing with kids and they do enjoy being silly. And I doubt that any of them noticed the gender difference. Lol, I also need help to get up from the floor after playing with GS, age 7, and there are plenty of arms to help me get up.
Good for you to get down with the kids.

o

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I don't have any little ones in the family, the youngest is 15 and she was 7 when she became a family member. It's been a long time that I played wiggle worm for the kids.

o

I think it's wonderful and brave, what your GD and her husband are doing. This world will be a better place for their kind and loving efforts.

Karen

o

What a wonderful thing your granddaughter and her husband are doing. I'm glad you had a chance to play with the little ones,

I once sat on the floor to take my granddaughter's hem. Even with her help it was hard getting up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here