Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jazmynsmom

Possibly the most idiotic pair of shoes I've ever bought...

jazmynsmom
16 years ago

{{gwi:148591}}
I picked these puppies up on a recent online shopping spree. I loved the very idea of them: turquoise patent leather heels with a bauble. Yum!

I opened the box in Steve's presence and he was incredulous. I was offended when he started to laugh until he pointed out the obvious to me. See my reflection waving in the photo? Yeah. Oops! I am going to keep the shoes because I still love them... but I guess I won't be wearing them with skirts! Reminds me of that teapot dude on ebay a few years back.

Who the heck designs ladies dress shoes with (non-removable) fish-eye mirrors on them is what I want to know! Sheesh!

Pull any good ones yourself lately?

Comments (12)

• agnespuffin
    16 years ago

Sounds like they were designed by a frustrated teenage boy.

But Hey! without the doo-dad, they would be the greatest! Glue a little teensy bunch of cherries right in the middle.

• Janis_G
    16 years ago

Michelle, you've been friends with me too long.
    See what happens to you!!!! :0)

Agnespuffin, cherries? No, no, no, Michelle, cover those
    little mirrors with Fig leaves.

• calliope
    16 years ago

Uhm, did you try these on in a self-service shoe store or did the clerk help you? I am rofl. Why don't I just send you some bloomers and if anyone tries to cop a peek, then they deserve what they get.

• mwoods
    16 years ago

So what I want to know is..did you have a special outfit in mind when you bought these online or does that come later? A chicken or egg kind of question I guess. There used to be a catalog called Frederick's of Hollywood,don't know if that is still around or not,but these would go in there quite nicely.

• sheila
    16 years ago

These could be Frederick's of Hollywood Overstock. Wear them Michell and keep smiling :)

• jazmynsmom
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh c'mon! These are nowhere near high enough to be FoH shoes! No specific outfit in mind. Shoes like these require understated everything else. I got them at Metrostyle, along with the matching scarf, thinking I could wear them both with any combination of solid black, grey, and white.

Calliope, these were an online purchase, so the presence or absence of a clerk wasn't an issue.

• andie_rathbone
    16 years ago

All I can think about is what would the nuns say! They always warned us about walking down staircases close to the stair rails as the boys would look up our skirts. I can imagine what they'd think of those shoes!

• calliope
    16 years ago

Funny you should mention nuns, because I was thinking of them when I posted about the bloomers. We used to live next door to a convent, and the sisters stayed pretty secluded. This was back in the days when they wore full habits and this was in Europe and this order had the "flying nun" headgear. There was a tall stone wall between our property and the nunnery, and I offered to shinny over it for the sisters when they locked themselves out and didn't have the key to their gate. They declined my assistance and one of the younger ones got a hoist from the others and went over herself. That was when I saw my first pair of real-life cotton bloomers.

I missed the online part of your shopping spree, Michelle. I have a dickens of a time buying shoes online and only get a good fit about half the time. I'm gunshy now.

They're beautiful shoes, btw. You can be the teapot dudette.

• Pidge
    16 years ago

My first thought was that Britney Spears might really like them.

But then I thought what a great way to show off your Victoria's Secret pretties!

• mwoods
    16 years ago

Suzy,go to Zappos.com. They have every brand and every shoe imaginable. You can order several sizes and shipping is free both ways and on top of all that,you have your shoes within a few days. I ordered 2 pair last week..2 sizes of the same shoe, and they were here the next day. When you want to return them you just go online,download a prepaid label..UPS,or USPS,your choice and that's it.

• tisha_
    16 years ago

They make a clear gloss spray paint that you could put just on the metal part... we use it on some of our window panes around the house, to let the sun in, but keep the visual down.

• Janis_G
    16 years ago

Michelle, you just put those shoes on and wear them.
    You have so much beauty and style that the shoes will
    get only a glance.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions