Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rescuing Daffies

Posted by lilosophie (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 7, 14 at 18:57

When heavy rain was forecast the daffies were just opening, so I went and rescued a bunch of them, they live on the breakfast bar

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rescuing Daffies

Thanks for the pretty wake-up sight!
In other years I had some of the early daffs starting to bloom and often freeze at this time, this year they just start to show a little green.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 11:21

What a cheery picture, and the bird house container from your birthday bouquet adds to its charm.

Our daffodils have poked out of the ground--about two inches--but it'll be awhile before there are flowers. Even the croci (plural of crocus?) Have just sowed the tips of their stems. But Spring is coming, I'm sure. As that old song says, "Spring Will Be A Little Late, This Year".

o
RE: Rescuing Daffies and song title I mentioned

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 11:28

Think "Christmas Holiday", a 1944 film starring Deanna Durbin and Gene Kelly. Gee, in 1944 I was only 12 years old!! Good Grief!

o

How pretty! No daffies here, we still have several inches of snow on the ground.

o

mine came up last weekk even with all this cold

o

What a lovely bouquet! Enjoy them- I don't when we'll see any here where I am...

o

Not many daffies nor crocus here.

o

They go well with the birthday planter.

o

Indoor sunshine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here