Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the news

Posted by anneliese_32 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 19:21

I just watched on the NBC evening news a report from the North Plate in Nebraska, the Snow Geese and of course the Sandhill Cranes. I really wish I could see them. I am envious, George and Leone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the news

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 20, 14 at 20:17

I also saw that news report and immediately thought of you two, George and Leone. What a glorious sight and sound they must be and make. Please take an extra look and listen for the rest of us.

(I was thrilled the other day when I heard--first--and then saw a flock of 30 or 40 geese fly over my house.) LOL

o

I also saw it and thought about George & Leone. I would love to see the sandhill cranes, but am too far away so have to rely on others to bring those pictures and sounds to me.

o

We missed it on TV but can go see them anytime. Game and Oarks says they now estimate about 600,000 cranes in the area. Think there are that many bird watchers too. Went out to eat and the restaurants are reallu busy/.. Paer said people from England, Germany, Iceland, A large group from Switzerland and a scattering of other countries. Plus about every state. And that is just the people that are staying around here, a few miles east of here whe the Rowe Sanctuary for the cranes is there are hundreds more people from everywhere One of the men from Switzerland was interview and he said he and his wife will be out at the river every morning and sunset for a week. He also said he cried when the cranes took of in the morning and actually blotted out the rising sun. Didn't know why but was moved deeply.

o

The news report video footage was amazing. I told DH it was a shame that his project in Columbus, NE was finished because we would have had a wonderful opportunity to see the Sandhill Cranes there. One time, quite a few years ago, we had a group of several hundred cranes "stop over" on their way south in one of our neighbor's harvested milo fields. I guess there was quite a bit of grain on the ground. The Farm-To-Market road on the north side of that field was packed with cars parked on the shoulders to see the cranes. They were so beautiful. Hope you and Leone are doing well, George.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here