Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How my cat helped increase local employment

Posted by tibs 5/6 OH (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 10, 11 at 20:14

He shredded the wallpaper in the kitchen. So I had to remove it. Then we needed plaster repair. Hired it down, dh too busy and too slow. That just got finished and what a mess. Plaster dust everywhere. Now we need to paint, I just HATE to and am a slob. If dh doesn't have to do his share by plastering, by golly I don't think I shoud have to paint. The painter comes Monday.

Next I need window treatments. There is not one window that is a standard size. All of you living in an old house have experienced this frustration. This means custom made. My mother made the old ones that have lived way beyond their life expetancy. She no longer can do this and I can't sew. I tried, I sucked.

Now I have to try to figure out what I want that is also cat proof because three of the windows are their prime viewing spots. Yeah. Like cat proof exists.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How my cat helped increase local employment

Gooooood luck!

An abandoned house in historic Staunton was recently renovated after having been occupied for quite some time by 150 cats.
The newspaper mentioned it was a huge undertaking, but the reults are beautiful
The couple kept one cat.

The cats at my house drink out of my Rottweiler's water bowl instead of their own and have stolen one of her comfy beds.

Needless to say, I have to ask permission before sitting in my favorite chair.

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 6:30

The arms of my sectional couch are both covered with afghans to keep our cat from sharpening her claws on them. Just yesterday, I heard that familiar sound of fabric being pulled; Maggie had managed to get under the afghan and was having a grand time. Where there's a will, there's a way and she will find it!

o

Cats will be cats. Steve in Baltimore County.

o

• Posted by pamven z5neastindiana (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 9:06

Cat proof and squirrel proof are the best examples of an oxymoron.

o

• Posted by gmatx z6 TX Panhandle (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 11, 11 at 12:28

LOL! I can empathize.....
Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here