Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A gender reveal party?

Posted by west_gardener (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 1, 13 at 21:24

I'm just finding out about this kind of party. From what I understand is that a party is given to reveal what gender the baby is.

When did the gender of the baby get so important here in the US?
Anyone been to this kind of party?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A gender reveal party?

Good Lord, no! Why is it important? When I was expecting and was asked what I wanted, I said "a baby"

o

I looked it up and found out that there is such a thing. I guess that came about when people were able to find out the gender at an early stage.
Live and learn.
See link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hints for a Gender Reveal Party

o

Ummm...okay. That may be a little bit overboard.

o

Fishing for presents?

o

Funny you should say that, anneliese. The first time I saw the name was on a picture board on the net. A lady had knitted a bear, and had both a pink and blue bow on it.
The subject of the post was Gender Reveal.

At least I know what to do now, if I'm ever invited to a party.

o

It's just another way of saying: gimmie, gimmie, gimme, only in the right color.

o

I wonder if they will also have a traditional Baby Shower?

o

Good grief. This is as ridiculous to me as giving the new mother a "push" present. What's that, you ask? The new daddy is supposed to give mommie-kins some expensive present right after she pushes the kid out. Like diamond earrings or whatever. Because of course every new mother needs a pair of expensive earrings.

Gimme gimme gimme, indeed!

Karen

o

Oh my, I'm behind the times because I have not heard of a "push" present.DH owes me three diamond rings, some 50 years late. That ought to give me his best "roll eyes".

o

Well, my DM received a strand of pearls for my birth. She had a very rough 9 months and a C-section. Yup, I was trouble from day one!

But a party to reveal the gender is just nuts. It will be either one or the other and there is no return policy if you don't get the gender you wanted. Frankly, parents should not know before the big day. Just my opinion.

o

I thought you meant us. Since screen names can be so gender neutral. Sometimes.

o

If you are going to know beforehand and tell other people, I think it can be fun. The ones I know about, the parents don't know ahead of the party either. The doctor puts the answer in a closed envelope and that is handed over to a bakery to make a cake with the cake inside either being blue or pink.

The ones I know about where generally family affairs and no gifts involved. Just a fun party.

Lisa

p.s....love the new edit feature!

This post was edited by lisa_h on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 14:43

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here