Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Bizarre, even for a cat

gandle
13 years ago

Got home, called the vet and got the cat out of boarding. If you could have translated what she said to us I don't think it would have been printable. By the time we got home with her everything was O.K.

I went out and sat on a bench by my shop door. Out of the wind and in the sun, the cat of course was sitting beside me. She all of a sudden jumped down on the patio and was rubbing her cheeks on something that looked like a small twig. She did it over and over so I pulled her away and looked, it was a millipede. She begin licking it and I picked her up and tossed the millipede in the lawn. She jumped down and was looking for it when she laid down and was totally inert. I actually thought she was dead. I could lift a paw and it would drop. Her head would drop if I lifted it, was about to make an emergency call to the vet when she stood and swayed slightly and began looking for the millipede. It must have been pleasurable because she looked for quite a while for it.

Have never heard of that kind of cat behavior before but I don't think I'll try licking a millipede.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
More Discussions