Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bizarre, even for a cat

Posted by gandle 4 NE (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 21:36

Got home, called the vet and got the cat out of boarding. If you could have translated what she said to us I don't think it would have been printable. By the time we got home with her everything was O.K.

I went out and sat on a bench by my shop door. Out of the wind and in the sun, the cat of course was sitting beside me. She all of a sudden jumped down on the patio and was rubbing her cheeks on something that looked like a small twig. She did it over and over so I pulled her away and looked, it was a millipede. She begin licking it and I picked her up and tossed the millipede in the lawn. She jumped down and was looking for it when she laid down and was totally inert. I actually thought she was dead. I could lift a paw and it would drop. Her head would drop if I lifted it, was about to make an emergency call to the vet when she stood and swayed slightly and began looking for the millipede. It must have been pleasurable because she looked for quite a while for it.

Have never heard of that kind of cat behavior before but I don't think I'll try licking a millipede.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bizarre, even for a cat

Here all this time we thought they loved a bowl of milk more than anything!
I wonder if it was sending little stingy charges as she licked it?
I'll never figure cats out; they're always two jumps ahead of me, so to speak....

o

Perhaps the millipede had some catnip.

o

• Posted by lilod NoCal/8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Mar 20, 11 at 0:17

I'm with KJ on cat's behavior and preferences. What is great today is "pfft" tomorrow. Mine do at times get obsessed with small bugs of all sorts, millipedes and gnats and moths, must be something very wonderful, I'm not trying to take them up on their offer to share...LOL

o

I forgot to figure out cats years ago. Cats are fastidious, right? So why does my cat like to take a dust bath? Is it because she knows that she gets brushed afterwards? It's not like she does not get brushed otherwise. She needs to get a couple of brush strokes everytime she goes out or in? She is a cat!

o

My big bear of a black kitty Oliver has apparently taught hiimself how to river dance. When he's feeling playful he sidles over to the wall where I have hung a 4' x 4' painting. Oliver delights in confusing the corner of this painting with his scratching post. So I say "NONONONONO!" At which point Mr. Oliver Wesley Catt dances over to me, jig-style, with a look that suggests, "Oh yeah? Make me!" Then he river dances off as if he were Michael Flatley.

Now how on earth could I still be miffed at that point? lolol

It's so much fun having him around and way cheaper than springing for the deluxe package from my cable TV provider. lol

Karen

o

Is the cat still ok?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here