Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilosophie

Green Bananas (a story)

lilosophie
12 years ago

Claude Pepper: "At my age I dont even buy green bananas", he said when advised about a stock-purchase with a favorable long-term increase.

I happen to disagree.

Everyone needs green bananas

She planted some flowering tree saplings and the husband, asked "when will they be shading the porch?" and she said "In about ten years or so" and he said "You are wasting your time, we will not be around in ten years".

Its twenty plus years later, the trees are beautiful in spring, furnishing shade all summer and are taller than the house. She is still around, but were she not, would it have made a difference? She had some years to enjoy and love them. After her departure someone will enjoy the blooms and the shade, saying nice things about those who planted them, and if not, it doesnt matter.

The husband looked at the half empty cup and had no desire to re-fill it, hed say it wasnt worth it and so his body followed his mind-set, he sickened and left this world at age 65, His eulogy:: "He took retirement much too seriously".

Her cup is always half full, and there are always green bananas around,

The contents of the cup?: mostly good, sometimes delicious, sometimes not so much, but half full always.

Green bananas? Occasionally one needs to be composted,

Some day she will not see them ripen, and so what?

They make excellent compost for roses.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions