Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 22 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 22, 13 at 0:10

You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
Buddha

A day spent without the sight or sound of beauty, the contemplation of mystery, or the search of truth or perfection is a poverty-stricken day; and a succession of such days is fatal to human life.
Lewis Mumford

We should not be so taken up in the search for truth, as to neglect the needful duties of active life; for it is only action that gives a true value and commendation to virtue.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

If you do not expect the unexpected you will not find it, for it is not to be reached by search or trail.
Heraclitus

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 22 -13

All are good, Buddha is always opening my eyes to a different perspective
and gives me many "aha" moments.
Mumford takes it further
And one is best prepared for the unexpected, for better or worse, it is a challenge
Thank you, Don

o

If you cannot love yourself you cannot love anyone else.

o

I like the "Marcus Tullius Cicero " quote. I've met so many people who live in their own minds, and that is the only truth they know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here