Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 10 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 0:11

Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.
C. S. Lewis

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.
Orson Welles

Ever since happiness heard your name, it has been running through the streets trying to find you.
Hafiz

Wond'ring aloud
How we feel today
Last night sipped the sunset
My hands in her hair
We are our own saviours
As we start both our hearts beating life
Into each other

Wond'ring aloud
Will the years treat us well
As she floats in the kitchen,
I'm tasting the smell
Of toast as the butter runs
Then she comes, spilling crumbs on the bed
And I shake my head
And it's only the giving
That makes you what you are
Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud

Here is a link that might be useful: Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud uTube

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 10 -13

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 8:27

Don, your quotes are always right on the mark! They make me think--and often go searching for more information about the author.

As to love, although my DH and I get annoyed and frustrated with each other--esp. the older we get--I thank God every day that He blessed me with this man. Never will there be anyone else who thinks I am truly wonderful!

Footnote to "annoyed and frustrated", how many of the GPers are old enough to remember--or have even ever heard of--the Bickersons? If there were a casting call for that show, today, DH and I would fill the bill. LOL

o

Good quotes as usual
Lol, I like the toast, butter flowing and crumbs in the bed part of the quote. I don't like crumbs in my bed, but if DH wants toast in bed, I'll fix it.

o

Love the Jethro Tull lyrics, but no crumbs in bed here. We both hate breakfast and anything else to eat in bed, even in the hospital.

o
quotes 4 - 10 -13

Lol, who would have thunk that a quote about crumbs in bed would provoke such resonse,
I luv breakfast, a hard boiled egg, a double fiber piece of bread with butter and jelly, 1/2 banana, some nuggets of DH Fiber One cereal, and a cup of juice,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here