Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 29 - 14

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 0:12

Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.
Dalai Lama

You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might also pray in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.
Khalil Gibran

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special.
Jim Valvano

My sorrow, when she's here with me, thinks these dark days of autumn rain are beautiful as days can be; she loves the bare, the withered tree; she walks the sodden pasture lane.
Robert Frost

But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful.
Elizabeth Edwards

The years teach much which the days never know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

May you live all the days of your life.
Jonathan Swift

Willie Nelson
"September Song"

Oh, it's a long, long while
From May to December
But the days grow short,
When you reach September.
When the autumn weather
Turn leaves to flame
One hasn't got time
For the waiting game.

Oh the days dwindle down
To a precious few . . .
September, November . . .
And these few precious days
I'll spend with you.
These precious days
I'll spend with you.

Oh the days dwindle down
To a precious few . . .
September, November . . .
And these few precious days
I'll spend with you.
These precious days
I'll spend with you.
These precious days
I'll spend with you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Willie Nelson

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 29 - 14

I follow Kahlil Gibran's advise - thank you, Don

o

"Some friends you carry in your heart forever, some you still get to see in person."

-Rob333(to my son upon friends leaving or him leaving friends behind with new schools)

o

• Posted by mwheel East. WV-Z.6 (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 29, 14 at 12:56

Kahlil Gibran's advice is something I try to follow. Last week, a prayer was answered and I've tried to acknowledge publicly how blessed I am. When things go well, it's easy to take things for granted, but that should never be the case.

Thanks, Don, for these words of wisdom.

o

I feel so fortunate to have/had a few very good friends. It is sad that they have passed, but they are still my friends.

o

I like the Elizabeth Edwards quote, and of course Willie Nelson. Thanks, Don.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here