Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 11 April 2012

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 0:27

To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird's nest or a wildflower in spring - these are some of the rewards of the simple life. ~John Burroughs

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. ~e.e. cummings

A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule. ~Michael Pollan, Second Nature, 1991

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 11 April 2012

Ah great ones

o

I think I put all three on my wall, thanks Lilo.
My lawn might be under totalitarian rule, but the underlings don't do their job, LOL.

o

Remember when it was fun to have the mud ooze up between your toes while catching crawdads? One of my favorite childhood memories. Then there were the night crawlers in the tall grass that wold slip from beneath your feet especially after a rain and the clean fresh smell of the air.

o

I remember "The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. ~e.e. cummings ". I'm a city girl and I got the puddle-wonderful, but not the mud-luscious part. We live in the burbs and we have the puddle part, but I wanted our children to have the mud part, so we drove to river banks so they could have that experiense.

o

Oh gads, the quote "A lawn is nature under totalitarian rule. ~Michael Pollan, Second Nature, 1991" rings a bell.
DH want's a green lawn, and we've spent more time, money, water, pesticide, fertilazer on the lawn than we have spent on any area of our landscaping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here