Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 - 25 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 0:30

We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
Buddha

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
Abraham Lincoln

Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
William Shakespeare

I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
Plutarch

How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.
Voltaire

This post was edited by don_socal on Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 0:34

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 - 25 -13

Interesting quotes, all of them. I particularly like Plutarch's view on friendship.

o

Great quotes, Don. I really like the first one, by Buddha . However, I don't think "pure" is sustainable, but one can change the thoughts.

o

My favorite is the Lincoln quote, but like them all.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here