Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote 14 April 2012

Posted by lilosophie none (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 0:32

A daydream is a meal at which images are eaten. Some of us are gourmets, some gourmands, and a good many take their images precooked out of a can and swallow them down whole, absent-mindedly and with little relish. ~W.H. Auden

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities. ~Theodore Geisel

The theoretician believes in logic and believes that he despises dreams, intuition, and poetry. He does not recognize that these three fairies have only disguised themselves in order to dazzle him.... He does not know that he owes his greatest discoveries to them. ~Antoine de Saint-Exup�ry, Wartime Writings 1939-1944, translated from French by Norah Purcell

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote 14 April 2012

Daydreams, nonsense, fantasy, intuition and poetry, the things that life is made of, how bland it would be without them.

o
RE: Quote 14 April 2012

Oh the roads I have traveled and the stories I have lived in my daydreams, it's fun, inexpensive, does not hurt and nobody can mess up your schedule.

Lilo, thanks for a grand week. Warning to all others, no way can I equal Lilo's week.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here