Return to the The Garden Party Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
quotes 4 -4 -13

Posted by don_socal socal (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 4, 13 at 0:38

If virtue promises happiness, prosperity and peace, then progress in virtue is progress in each of these for to whatever point the perfection of anything brings us, progress is always an approach toward it.
Epictetus

The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one's self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.
Michelangelo

It makes my heart sick when I remember all the good words and the broken promises.
Chief Joseph

For anything worth having one must pay the price; and the price is always work, patience, love, self-sacrifice - no paper currency, no promises to pay, but the gold of real service.
John Burroughs

But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.
Robert Frost

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: quotes 4 -4 -13

Chief Joseph said what could be applied to every day in our crazy world.

o
RE: quotes 4 -4 -13

Ditto Anneliese!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the The Garden Party Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here